A pre-purchase inspection report is a relatively small investment that will give the home buyer peace of mind in the knowledge that they have bought a home that has been thoroughly checked over by a qualified building professional.
Building Inspectors have a statutory responsibility to inspect the work of builders at critical stages of the construction of a building. They are trained to inspect and are your best choice when it comes to having the biggest single investment of your life inspected thoroughly for defects.
Most homeowners find a home inspector through their realtor. But this presents a conflict of interest if their commission is based on the final selling price of the home.
Hiring an unbiased, third-party inspector ensures that the home inspection does what it’s meant to do – protect you, the homeowner.
As a buyer, a home inspection:
- Alerts you of any deficiencies or safety issues
- Ranks and prioritizes any deficiencies a home may have
- Provides tips and recommendations for correcting deficiencies
- Additional articles relevant to information contained in the report for further education.
- Can assist in acquiring financing and insurance
Our Inspections Include:
- General safety and security/All rooms in the interior living space/Building envelope, framing, structure/Siding and soffits
- Doors and windows/Foundations and crawl spaces/Attics and garages/Chimneys/Walkways, patios, decks, driveways/ drainage
- We also test mechanical/electrical/plumbing systems
For condos and townhouses we:
- Review of strata council minutes to identify possible problem areas and assess maintenance schedules
- Inspection of all accessible common areas / General overview of roof and building envelope
- Visual inspection of the common mechanical systems such as life safety systems
We carry out 100% independent pre-purchase inspections. We are not connected to any real estate agency and pride ourselves in undertaking professional inspections and providing comprehensive reports to enable our clients to make informed decisions about the property they wish to purchase. We use advanced technical inspection tools, including a thermal imaging camera, video bore scope and a moisture detection meter.
This type of building inspection is carried out specifically for the information of home buyers. Its main purpose is to give you an expert’s view of the condition of the property you are interested in buying.
Contact us for more information (256) 284-2559